|Post||Assistant Director of Census Operation (T)|
|Ministry/Administration||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Department/Office||Office of the Registrar General of India|
|Organisation||Registrar General of India|
Number of Posts and Reservation
PH Reservation Details
|PH Type||PH Category|
|Orthopaedically Handicapped or Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy||OL-One leg affected (R or L)|
|Orthopaedically Handicapped or Locomotor Disability or Cerebral Palsy||OA-One arm affected (R or L)|
|Blindness or Low Vision||PB-Partially Blind|
|Hearing Impairment||PD-Partially Deaf|
|Pay Scale||Rs (PB-3) Rs.15,600-39,100/- plus Rs.54,00/- (Grade Pay)|
|Age||Not exceeding 35 Years as on normal closing date, Note exceeding 40 years for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Not exceeding 38 years for Other Backward Classes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointment Central/U.T. Government servant up to five years as per instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.|
|Essential Qualificaiton (s)||
A. Essential (i) Master’s Degree in Statistics or Operation Research or Mathematics (with statistics) or Economics(with Statistics) or Commerce (With Statistics) or Anthropology (with Statistics) or Sociology (with Statistics or Demography (with Statistics) from a recognised University and
B Three years’ experience in collection, tabulation, analysis and interpretation of Statistical data.
Note- 1. Qualification are relaxable at the discretion of the UPSC for reason to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
|Desirable Qualificaiton (s)||Master’s degree in Population Studies of a recognised University.|
1.Undertake all necessary measures for planning and execution of statistical jobs in connection with population census and those related to other schemes/projects taken up by this office.
2. Assist in finalization of agenda notes and proceedings of the meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences organized by this office.
3. Impart training to the Charge Officers and the Master Trainers during Census Operation and also to the personnel associated with other schemes and projects.
4. Monitor and Supervisor the field work relating to Census operations and other schemes/projects and provide necessary guidance on technical matters.
5. Monitoring the progress of the work relating to processing of data collected during House listing Operations, Population Enumeration and field work of various other schemes and projects.
6. Moot out plans and programmes for proper dissemination of census data and the data relating to other Schemes, survey, etc.
7. Ensure that different activities associated with various schemes/projects taken up by this office are completed in time.
8. Supervise the work allotted to Statistical Investigators (Grade-I) working under them.
9. Co-ordinate between senior and the subordinate staff.
10. Scrutiny of manuscripts of the census publications, bulletins, reports, etc and brings about necessary modifications and improvements within the framework and prescribed norms.
11. Supervise field work on census, social studies, demography, sample registrations system, civil registration system, caused of death, linguistic surveys etc.
12. Attend to correspondence and supervise proper maintenance of files, registers, control charts, etc
13. Preparation of material on Questions received for reply in parliament/State Assemblies.
14. attend to other misc duties assigned by their seniors.
|Head Quarter||Presently at Delhi but liable to serve anywhere in India.|
|Other Details||General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted. Non-Ministerial.|
|Any Other Conditions|
Current Time & Date :- (14:11:21 PM ( Tue, Mar 19th, 2019 )) (Your Machine IP Address - :188.8.131.52)