|Post||Assistant Director Census Operations (Technical)|
|Ministry/Administration||Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Department/Office||Office of the Registrar General of India|
Number of Posts and Reservation
PH Reservation Details
|PH Type||PH Category|
|Deaf and Hard of Hearing||HH-Hard of Hearing|
|Blindness or Low Vision||LV-Low Vision|
|Locomotor Disability including: Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims Muscular Dystrophy||OL-One leg affected (R or L)|
|Locomotor Disability including: Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims Muscular Dystrophy||OA-One arm affected (R or L)|
|Pay Scale||Pay scale of Level-10 of Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC pre revised Pay Band-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-|
|Age||Not exceeding 35 years as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 40 years for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Not exceeding 38 years for Other Backward Classes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/U.T. Government Servant upto five years as per instructions/ orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.’|
|Essential Qualificaiton (s)||
(i) Master’s Degree in Statistics or Operation Research or Mathematics (with Statistics) or Economics (with Statistics) or Commerce (with Statistics) or Anthropology (with Statistics) or Sociology (with Statistics) or Demography (with Statistics) of a recognized University;
Note I: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
(i) Three years’ experience in collection, compilation, tabulation and analysis of Statistical data.
Note II: The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission for reasons to be recorded in writing, in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes, if at any stage of selection the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
|Desirable Qualificaiton (s)||Master’s Degree in Population Studies of recognized University.|
1. Planning and execution of Statistical Jobs in connection with population census, SRS, CRS, NPR etc and those related to other schemes/projects taken up by this office.
2. Assist in finalization of agenda notes and proceedings of the meetings, workshops seminars and conference organized by this office.
3. Impart training to the Charge officers/Enumerators/Supervisors and the master Trainers during census operation and also to the personnel associated with other schemes and project like SRS/CRS/NPR etc.
4. Field work relating to census Operations and other schemes/projects and provided necessary guidance on technical matters.
5. Monitoring the progress of the work relating to processing of data collected during House listing, Operation, Population Enumeration and field work of various other schemes and projects.
6. Moot out plans and programmes for proper disseminations of census data and the data relating to schemes, surveys etc.
7. Ensure that different activities associated with various schemes/projects taken up by this office are completed in time.
8. Scrutiny of manuscripts of the census publications, bulletins, reports, etc and bring about necessary modifications and improvements within the framework and prescribed norms.
9. Co-ordinate, monitor and supervise the progress of SRS.
10. Supervision and guidance on technical matters under SRS.
11. Supervision of the work relating to maintenance of records during editing coding and data entry, etc.
12. Supervision of supply and dissemination of SRS data to the concern Ministries and data users.
13. Execution and supervision of various stages of understanding adhoc surveys in SRS.
14. Supervision of analytical studies and preparation of draft reports.
15. Supervise all necessary measures for planning and execution of surveys on civil registration system etc.
16. Over all supervision of the work of statistical Investigators Gr.I.
17. Supervisions of data Analysis and preparation of various reports.
18. Assist in finalization of plans and publicity of Civil Registration.
19. Supervision work relating to the Liaison and co-ordination with the states and other Central Govt. offices as well as other agencies on the matter of RBD Act, plans and publicity.
20. Imparting training to staff on CRS.
21. Interpretation of the Law regarding registration issuing clarification sought by states.
22. Examination of proposals with regards RBD Act come from the states.
23. Supervise all necessary measures for planning and execution of surveys on social studies, demography, and linguistic surveys, etc.
24. Supervise all necessary measures for planning and execution of surveys on Fertility and Mortality Studies.
25. Supervise the work of preparation of population Project Report at National, State and District Level.
26. Supervise the work of preparation of other Demographic Report.
27. Supervise the work of planning and conducting of Post Enumeration Surveys and preparation of Report thereof.
28. Supervise the work of preparation of Report/Minutes of the meeting for different groups and sub-groups formed by the Govt.
29. Conducting Technical Training of the Officials of ORGI and other Organizations.
30. Supervise the works of Micro management of Census Resource and Training Centre (CRTC).
31. Supervision the work of maintenance of Office library.
32. Supervision the work of maintenance of Micro data Centre.
33. Assist in finalization of manuscripts of publications and drafting of bulletins/reports.
34. Coordination with Home Ministry and other ministries regarding preparation/ Updation of National Population Register.
35. Assisting in successful completion of NRIC project.
36. Coordination with DCOs, State/UT Govt./District Administration in the project of NPR including field work.
37. Monitor the work relating to maintenance of Register of Updation Progress Report.
38. Monitor the work relating to maintenance of NPR Database.
39. Maintenance of the Register of Fund Transfer to the State Govt. and Collection of Utilization Certificates.
40. Attend to other misc. duties assigned by their seniors.
|Probation||Two years for direct recruits and promotes.|
|Head Quarter||Office of Registrar General, India, New Delhi but liable to serve anywhere in India|
|Other Details||These posts are permanent, classified as General Central Service, Group-‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.|
|Any Other Conditions|
Current Time & Date :- (04:16:15 AM ( Sun, Sep 20th, 2020 )) (Your Machine IP Address - :188.8.131.52)